- To get a username for a business page, you first need 25 fans (This helps prevent people from "squatting" on usernames by just creating a page and naming it with very few fans.) Regular users can set a username for your profile page at any time.
- Go to www.facebook.com/username
- Select the name of your page from the dropdown menu
- In the text box that appears, type in the username you want, then click "Check Availability"
- If the username isn't available, you'll get a message below the text box saying so. If you think someone is infringing on your trademark by taking the username you want, contact Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/help/contact.php?show_form=username_infringement. They are pretty good about responding to infringement inquiries.
- If the username is available, the box below will pop up - read these guidelines carefully and then click "Confirm"
- Once you click "Confirm" you'll get another popup telling you that you have been successful in naming your page, and you can now direct your fans to facebook.com/(your username). Congrats!
- If you have any questions about setting your username, visit https://www.facebook.com/help/?page=900 or send me an email.
You can also change your username and vanity URL for your personal Facebook page by visiting your "Account Settings" page. Business pages can't change their usernames, but personal profile usernames can be changed. Be careful though - you can only change your username once!