- Typos, mistakes and grammatical errors are easy to make, but hard for fans and followers to forgive and forget. They simply look sloppy and unprofessional.
- While errors in blog posts can be edited, Twitter and Facebook don't let you edit posts. It's either delete it, or live with it.
- If a fickle follower or fan sees a post twice because you have to delete and re-post it due to an error, they might hide your posts or unlike/unfollow you. In Facebook, fans can hide your posts and unlike you right from your news feed by clicking the "X" next to the offending post.
- If (on Facebook) fans "like" or comment on the erroneous post, you won't want to delete it and it will be immortalized on your wall.
- On Twitter, people might RT your erroneous tweet, making your mistake visible to their followers as well as yours.