Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Using Your Personal Profile to Post Comments on Your Facebook Business Page

Some of my clients have asked if they can post comments on their business pages from their personal profiles instead of from their business pages. In the past, my answer was unfortunately no. With the new updates to Facebook pages, the answer is now yes! Here's how:

  • Visit your business page on Facebook
  • In the top right corner, click "Manage" then click "Edit Page" in the dropdown menu
  • In the left top area, click "Your Settings"
  • Make sure there is no check in the box next to "Always comment and post on your page as (Page Name) even when using Facebook as (Your Name).
  • Click "Save Changes"
  • Go back to your business page.
  • Comment on or "like" existing posts by the page or its fans and it will appear to come from your personal profile.
You will need to repeat this process to switch back if you want to leave comments as the business page. The new changes mean you can now also leave comments and "like" posts on other Facebook pages as your business page, but that's another story for another day.

Happy posting!

Lauren

UPDATE: This setting does not apply to Facebook's mobile application. Your likes, comments and wall posts will always appear to come from your Page, not your Personal Profile.

3 comments:

  1. I am having such trouble trying to comment when I'm logged in to my personal blog. There is no option to do so, so I'm stuck without being able to interact with other pages - even those I've added to my Favorites. Any tips? I don't want to use my personal FB page as an Admin in order to comment because I blog anonymously and would like everything to appear from my blog account. Perhaps I signed up for the wrong type of account?

    Thank you so much for any advice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Outlaw Mom! Are you trying to post on other Facebook pages and have it come from your "The Outlaw Mom" Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/TheOutlawMom)? If so, click "Use Facebook As Page" on the top right corner of your Facebook page. Then you'll be able to operate Facebook as your page instead of your personal profile. I'm going to do a step-by-step walkthrough blog post on how to do this, so that should help you navigate it as well, but feel free to email me with further questions as well - thesocialstage@gmail.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! You know what I think I did improperly: start the page before starting the personal profile. Now I cannot have the same name for my personal profile as my page. But, with your tip about "Use Facebook As Page," it's okay! Thank you SO much for clarifying. I like to try to figure everything out on my own and occasionally feel like I'm hitting my head against a brick wall, so it's really nice when someone takes the time to help me out in my times of frustration! Thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete